Looking for the latest charity giving stats and trends? NP Source has got you covered with stats on charitable, online, social, mobile and email giving, including:
- In 2017, the largest source of charitable giving came from individuals at $281.86 billion, or 72% of total giving; followed by foundations ($58.28 billion/15%), bequests ($30.36 billion/8%), and corporations ($18.55 billion/5%).
- $41 billion was raised for colleges and universities in 2016, up from $40.30 billion raised in 2015.
- Approximately 63 million Americans — 25% of the adult population — volunteer their time, talents, and energy to making a difference.
- 17% of American families have reduced the amount that they give to their local church.
- Corporate giving in 2017 increased to $20.77 billion—an 8.0% increase from 2016.
- Online giving grew 12.1% in 2017.
- 51% of high-wealth donors ($200k+) prefer to give online.
- Nonprofits raised $1.13 per website visitor in 2017.
There are hundreds more helpful stats here:
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate List Of Charitable Giving Statistics”
I am interested in data for the year 2020. It may be too soon to get that data as the year 2020 has just closed. Can anyone guide me to at least preliminary data for 2020?