Looking for the latest charity giving stats and trends? NP Source has got you covered with stats on charitable, online, social, mobile and email giving, including:
- In 2017, the largest source of charitable giving came from individuals at $281.86 billion, or 72% of total giving; followed by foundations ($58.28 billion/15%), bequests ($30.36 billion/8%), and corporations ($18.55 billion/5%).
- $41 billion was raised for colleges and universities in 2016, up from $40.30 billion raised in 2015.
- Approximately 63 million Americans — 25% of the adult population — volunteer their time, talents, and energy to making a difference.
- 17% of American families have reduced the amount that they give to their local church.
- Corporate giving in 2017 increased to $20.77 billion—an 8.0% increase from 2016.
- Online giving grew 12.1% in 2017.
- 51% of high-wealth donors ($200k+) prefer to give online.
- Nonprofits raised $1.13 per website visitor in 2017.
There are hundreds more helpful stats here: